Baum Lake Fishout-February 1st
Meeting location in Burney, in the parking lot of Blackberry Diner at 8:30AM…however, if you know the location of Baum Lake please feel free to go directly to the parking area.
Note: this is not a rain or shine event…if the weather forecast calls for rain, the event will be postponed.
Fishing Baum lake…you will need:
· Some type of water craft (float tube, pontoon boat, skiff . etc.). Note: only electric motors are allowed.
· 4, 5 or 6 weight fly rods
· Floating lines for indicators or dry flies and/or sinking lines for woolly buggers or leeches,
· Strike indicators, split shot, 4X and 5X tippet
· Warm clothing, polaroid glasses, lunch and drinks
Suggested fly patterns:
Zebra midges ( black, brown and red-sizes 16 & 18)..pheasant tails (14, 16 18)…balanced leeches,…small wooly buggers and leeches…caddis pupa 14 & 16….Adams (14, 16 & 18) …Parachute Adams (14, 16 & 18).. plus any of the “standard” still water patterns.
Rigging: at 9:15am in the parking area at the boat ramp, a discussion regarding rigging and fishing techniques will take place.
Dick Recchia email@example.com Cell: 530/356-0547